Borodin on the bank of the Volga.
|Alias(es)||"More Experienced Soldier"|
|Appears in||Call of Duty|
|Affiliations||Red Army, 13th Guards Rifle Division|
|Weapon||Scoped Mosin Nagant|
- "Well, my friend, you are either very lucky, or you have a small head!"
- — Borodin.
Sergeant Borodin crossed the Volga River on the morning of September 18,1942 with the 13th Guards Rifle Division, charged with breaking through German defenses on the riverbank. Advancing up the bank, Borodin became pinned down, unable to get a shot on the machine gunners at the top of the cliff. When Alexei Ivanovich Voronin reaches Borodin's position, the Sergeant tasks Alexei to act as bait, allowing him to eliminate several German machine gunners. After dodging past cover down the line, Borodin decides to fall back to a shelled out building at the base of the embankment. He orders Alexei to sprint down the embankment, distracting a Commissar. After killing the Commissar, he too runs down to the building.
With Soviet losses piling up and Borodin noticing he was almost out of ammunition, the possibility of the Russians losing the docks became very real. Up until then, the Soviet forces had not been supported with artillery from the east bank. Borodin pleads with a radio operator in the shelled out building to get them this support. Shortly after, Major Zubov informs him that Russian artillery is in position and initiates the bombardment of the German positions. After the barrage ceased, Borodin exclaimed that they were retaking Red Square, and advanced up the left flank of the embankment with Alexei into Stalingrad.
- "Comrade! I can't get a clear shot at those machine gunners up there! I need you to draw their fire for me! You see that truck over there? Wait for them to reload, then run for it and don't stop! On my signal - ready...Okay! Go, go, go!"
- — Player runs to wrecked truck.
- "Well, my friend, you are either very lucky, or you have a small head! We'll be safer in that building down there! Don't worry about that Commissar, I'll take care of him! Ready...Okay! Go, go!"
- — Player runs to ruined building and Borodin shoots the Commissar
- In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, CIA agent Joseph Allen goes undercover as Alexei Borodin; this is a reference to the Russian sniper.